Winter Writing Showcase
Deadline: December 21st, 2016
Attention all student writers! Do you enjoy the spooky, the scary, the exciting, the mysterious? Are you fascinated by the unknown and love horror? Submit your horror, thriller, or mystery writing to be included in our Winter Writing Showcase! The Showcase is a chance to share your writing with others and possibly win a prize. You can submit any format of writing; it can be a short story, a poem, an essay, madman ramblings, whatever you’d like! The top entry will receive a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card. Students should share their work with Writing Center Gmail account, CPHSWritingCoordinator@kippnyccp.org, by December 21st. Winners will be announced when we return from winter break in a special Writing Center event!
Writing Center Contest Guidelines
- Students are welcome to submit any format of writing. Entries must be related in some way to our horror, thriller, and/or mystery themes.
- The piece should not exceed 1,500 words. If the piece exceeds 1,500 words, then the student can either submit an edited version or submit an excerpt (for example, in the case of long stories or a novel).
- The piece can be from something you have created for a class or written independently of school.
- The piece should have a title (it doesn’t have to be fancy or creative, unless if you want to do that!).
- The piece should be proofread by the student before submitting.
- Pieces that are deemed to be unnecessarily obscene will be not eligible for the contest.
- If you have questions about any of the guidelines listed above, please contact Mr. Gregory at CPHSWritingCoordinator@kippnyccp.org.
- Students must submit work through Google Docs, shared with our Writing Center account (CPHSWritingCoordinator@kippnyccp.org).
- The document must be titled with the students first and last name and “winter writing showcase.”
- Deadline for contest submission is Wednesday, December 21st. Winners will be announced on a date to be determined after winter break.